What is BSD?

When ones wanna do some work, game or whatever, first thing is research of the area. Games got tutorials, laptops manuals, everything got something to introduce the topic (or at least should).

If I wanna became sufficient in using operating system, some background studies are needed. At least basics.

Yes, you can give pre-installed Debian with bunch of software to someone who never used Linux before, but without some explanations, no one will be able to use it. And trust me, I have some experience with it. I've tried it. If main menu on your desktop is not same position and icon as the one on previous OS of user, he/she wont be able to find it. The most of people I tried this with were not able to find web browser. And I tried KDE, GNOME, XFCE, Enlightenment and even OpenBox.

Yes, I mean pretty-much-usual user like your girlfriend, dad or random guy next-door.

So, I am gonna make a small introduction to BSD.  Please, bear in mind, that I am not professional, I am researching right now, I might make some mistakes. So let me know if I am gonna make any.

To make this better readable in blog format, I am gonna make more parts.
SHARE

JH

software developer - guitar player - poetry lover

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment